ONLY DAYS LEFT TO RAISE FUNDS, URGENT LIFE OR DEATH HELP NEEDED ONE LAST TIME
Tumblr friends. You all saved my life. Unfortunately I need help one last time to keep it that way.You helped me pay down a hospital bill so I could have major brain surgery in October. Well, the bill for that is $9,600- Medicaid covered the hospital, NOT the doctor(!!). due to financial hardship, it’s reduced to $4,500.
The problem: the doctor HAS TO adjust and monitor my new neuro implant every other week, and I WILL DIE WITHOUT THE ADJUSTMENTS. But he is NOT ALLOWED to see me more than once more unless this is paid.
The reduction has conditions: I must pay $1,000 by Dec 16, the$3,500 balance by Dec 23.
This is a terrible blow to me, unreal. I can’t stop crying in sheer frustration.
So, sadly, I must ask for help one least time (I can get on Free Care in April). You’ve all already been so generous. The SPNFamily, and Tumblr at large has been amazing. And if there were any way to avoid asking, I would.
PLEASE DONATE IF YOU CAN! I’ve set up a PayPal with the email email@example.com to accept funds (if you “send to a friend” there’s no fee). The hospital can only accept payment from me.
I know the Holidays are already an expensive time. Maybe give someone the gift of saving a life in their name? And I know I recently got so much help from you all. If I had any way to avoid this I would. And of course I’m happy to repay with fics, songs, editing, or anything I can.
As it is I’m also homeless and sometimes staying with my violent abusive parents, other times staying with friends. Every cent I get is going to other medical expenses and necessities.
PLEASE SHARE THIS as far and wide as you can! Share it as text so everyone can read and share again. Whether or not you can give, others may be able to.
Thank you all so so much! Below are some photos just to show what I mean. They called me with the settlement, but the original bill is there, as well as a few of my scars (yes they shaved the whole side of my head).
Thank you again! PLEASE DONATE AND SHARE IF YOU CAN, and ask me any questions.
Sopranish is my friend, and I’ve personally witnessed the reality of her struggles, so I can vouch for both the urgency and the legitimacy of this plea for help. She is on a time crunch and really scared, so any shares or donations would be so, so appreciated. Every little thing helps!!
The change of weather and cold temperatures can cause health and safety issues for our beloved pets.
Rock salt and antifreeze poisoning
The rock salt we sprinkle on our driveways and door steps can be harmful to our pets. When rock salt gets trapped in their paws it causes irritation and your pet will start licking their paws to remove it. The ingestion of the sodium chloride in rock salt increases the blood sodium concentration which can lead to kidney failure and even death. The Mayhew recommends that you wipe or wash your pet’s paws and tummy after every walk or time spent outside.
Unfortunately antifreeze tastes like lemonade to our pets and the sweet smell can attract them towards any leaked product. The ingestion of antifreeze causes crystals to develop in the kidneys that will trigger kidney failure. Symptoms of antifreeze or rock salt poisoning include vomiting, excessive thirst, excessive urination, rapid breathing and lethargy. It is essential you rush your pet to the vet immediately if you suspect a case of poisoning.
Tis’ the season to add a little festive flair to your home! However beautiful your decorations may be, you need to remember that they can also be harmful your pets.
Several yuletide plants, such as Holly, Mistletoe, Lillies and Poinsettia are toxic to pets. When ingested the toxic substances in the leaves and stems of the plant leads to gastrointestinal upset (i.e. vomiting and diarrhoea). Other symptoms include lip smacking, drooling and abdominal pain. Keep the plants in hard to reach areas to deter curious pets so you can still enjoy them but they won’t present any threat.
The ribbons on gifts, the fairy lights and decorations on Christmas trees are instant toys for your pets. Ribbon, string and tinsel can cause intestinal obstruction and cut your pet internally. The chewing on fairy lights could easily result in electrocution and burns. Give your pet their own toys to distract from the decorations, we’ve got a great range to choose from in our Christmas catalogue!
The delicious smell of chocolate Christmas treats is as tempting to our pets as it is us to us! Chocolate, especially dark chocolate, is highly toxic to cats and dogs so make sure you keep your treats safely out of the way. It may seem over-cautious, but our pets can be very good a sneaking a little treat here and there without us noticing and if can have devastating effects. Symptoms of chocolate ingestion include hyperactivity, vomiting, diarrhoea and seizures so medical treatment should be sought if you think your pet has eaten a chocolate product.
Chief Vet Ursula Goetz says, “Rock salt, antifreeze and chocolate poisoning are much more common around Christmas time. If you suspect your pet has ingested any of these, get them to a vet immediately.”
WINTER RISKS: Several yuletide plants like holly, mistletoe, lillies and poinsettia are toxic to pets. When ingested the toxic substances in the leaves and stems can lead to vomiting and diarrhoea. Other symptoms include lip smacking, drooling and abdominal pain. Keep these plants out of reach of curious animals! http://bit.ly/winterrisks